For speedy recovery and to avoid potentially serious complications of typhoid fever, it is very important to have a good and balanced diet plan. If not treated promptly and adequately (with suitable antibiotics and diet) typhoid fever may cause serious complications like perforation of typhoid ulcer of intestine and chronic carrier state (which is very difficult to cure). To avoid serious complication diet plays an important role in typhoid by hastening recovery.
The following diet plan for typhoid can hasten recovery and help to avoid serious complications:
The early morning should be started with milk or tea with bread (breads are easy to digest and have good amount of protein).
Breakfast: The breakfast should consist of boiled eggs (boiled eggs are the easiest to digest among high protein foods), porridge etc. Both of these are easily good for health.
This should be with tea with sandwich.
Mixed vegetables, whole grain cereal, fish, egg and white meat etc. should be taken during lunch.
It should be with tea, bread with jam or bread with butter.
It should be with soup, whole grain cereals and vegetables.
At bedtime custard with fruits should be taken.
Some points should be remembered while planning a diet for typhoid fever patients. The following are the points to remember:
- Meals should be small and given at frequent interval, instead of a few large meals a day. Larger meals can be given like for any normal person, as the general health condition improves.
- Intake of oral fluids and salts should be sufficient to cover up the loss.
- The diet of typhoid fever patient should be bland, soft (for easier digestion and absorption), high in protein and calorie and low in fiber content.
1 Comment to Diet Plan for Typhoid
Leave a Reply
- Diets to Avoided and to be Included in Typhoid
- A systems biology view of cancer.
- Diet Plan for Typhoid
- Diagnosis of Kidney Stones
- Settle that Upset Stomach in Minutes
- Routine histopathology of gallbladder after elective cholecystectomy for gallstones: waste of resources or a justified act?
- 6 Creative Letterhead for You to Customize
- What are the Signs and Symptoms of Addison’s disease?
- June 2014
- May 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011